Monday, July 14, 2008

Last Day in Yosemite

Why am I not getting any comments here??? I am the only one (besides CPR and Mom Bread) posting something new. I think that alone is worth a daily comment. Sheesh! (I think I'm a little hypersensitive because so few people here speak English so I have been talking to myself for the last 3 days. Note to self: Must learn Japanese and many European languages!)

Today I went to the south side of the park to see the Mariposa Sequoia Grove:


and the unmatched view of Glacier Point . . .

Half Dome


Yosemite Falls (the highest waterfall in North America)


I leave tomorroow morning for my next adventures, which should include cooler temperatures but can't possibly include better scenery.

6 comments:

LB said...

My computer crashed a couple days ago - sorry about the no comments - the trip looks great. I have much more limited time on the laptop...

Cristine said...

I should take #1 to see the Sequioas. In a recent conversation with my tree hugging bro-in-law he asked #1, "What is a Sequoia"? He then gave him three choices of an answer to which #1 responded, "A Car". I know-it was a sad day for a parent:(
Also, I am very glad you are posting again. I am checking daily and enjoying your trip:)

Daph said...

It's nice to have human contact! Thanks guys! :)

(Note to self: Get over fear of people so I will be able to make friends with people who don't talk to me first.)

CPR-- Did you show him the picture of the Sequoia?

Leslie Joe said...

Since I only have access to the computer at the city library for now I don't get to check the blogs to often. I love the posts and pics you have attached. Call me when you are finaly home...
Mom

Jon said...

My dear sister, Fantastic photos! Simply amazing! Now for the talking to yourself thing there is NOTHING wrong with self entertainment at all!!

Nate and Sina said...

Busy packing so I can come and see you. If had time would post myself. But love the updates and will see you soon.

bises,
S