Walking around Giverny, it is easy to see how Monet found his inspiration. The house is modest . . . not so different from the Beehive House or Great-Grandma Cope's house really but the grounds are absolutely breathtaking. There is a large garden with all kinds of flowers, then a walk through a tunnel to the water lily pond that he used as the subject of many paintings under many different types of light and in all seasons. I can definitely understand wanting to spend so much time there. If I had any shred of artistic ability, I would likely have wanted to paint it as well. Since I lack that talent, I took lots of pictures . . .
4 comments:
So, where ARE you now anyway???
I'm home . . . Got back last night.
When we are golden girls what do you say about a euro-garden trip?
Let's do it!
Post a Comment