Sunday, July 8, 2007

A Great Party Idea

This weekend I attended a birthday party with a theme worth sharing. It was advertised as "Gary's GIANT Birthday Party." I was unsure whether that meant that he was really old, or if a lot of people were invited to attend. As it turned out, it was neither (although there were a lot of people and some younger than I might say he is really old). All of the food was miniature. Tiny hamburgers and tiny hot dogs on tiny rolls with tiny pickles, tomatoes and onions. For dessert there were tiny chocolate chip cookies. The cake was served with tiny ice cream taster spoons. It took everyone a while to get it, but suddenly we went "Ooooh" (just like Nicole :) )and realized that we were supposed to be the giants. Very clever!

On another note, the cake was decorated with a toy army tank. . . The birthday boy was turning 40. This party occurred at the same time as the Transformer event described in my previous post. Enough said.

4 comments:

Nate and Sina said...

Uh oh, no has commented...let me say:
Party ideas are great, but does a good hostess really want her guests to have to go through a "Huh, what...OHHH!" moment? Thoughts? Anyone?

Our Deli-Sub said...

Everybody goes through these moments they just happen faster for most than for me :)
This would be a great 'big boy (or girl)' party for a potty training celebration! It would be great if I could use it soon for Tomato!

Daph said...

It wasn't so much an "Oooh, I'm so confused" as it was and "Ooooh, that's so clever."

I'm thinking it would be best NOT to mention to Gary that his birthday party theme is being used to celebrate potty training. :)

Nate and Sina said...

I am still in that Huh, what...section with relation to why it is good for potty training?