Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My Latest Epiphany



Long Distance Therapy: 2.5 cents/ minute
Game Night Membership: $10
Accounting Course at the Community College: $500
Finding Out You Really Shouldn't Have Become an Accountant: Priceless

It turns out Accounting is a good puzzle but not a career choice. Now what?

**Disclaimer: Any endorsement of credit card use or abuse is unintentional and not the point. Credit is bad, Dave rocks!

11 comments:

Nate and Sina said...

Wait, you took an accounting class? And why did you decide it wasn't for you? I mean, that would have been the post I really wanted to read! OK, I really just wanted to read any post, but I am more interested in greater details.

LB said...

So, you're quitting accounting, quitting your credit cards or possibly both? Or the game store? Or your job? Or visiting the zoo?

Daph said...

PSM-- I took an accounting class to see if I liked it since I hate my job so frequently lately and may need to find a new career choice one of these days. Turns out, accounting is like a good puzzle. It's all good as long as I can look in the answer book when things don't work. Otherwise, it just irritates me. Since the real world doesn't come with an answer book, it's probably not the best career choice.

DRH-- I'm quitting accounting. Credit cards are not my friend. The game store is therapy for the days I hate my job so I can't quit that. A change of job scenery may be in my future. That would probably do a lot for solving the hating my job problem. It's not really the actual job that I hate. I visit the zoo daily. Remind me to describe this year's class to you sometime.

Nate and Sina said...

Maybe describe the class in your next blog entry? An let's start a discussion on the possible alternative careers you have pondered...
Teach school in South America?

Daph said...

Just a basic online accounting class. Not blog worthy.

Teaching internationally has crossed my mind . . . .

Our Deli-Sub said...

What about a trip planner?

Daph said...

Now you're talking. How does one become a trip planner?

**36 hours till I go to Chicago!**

Nate and Sina said...

I am going to start checking your blog about as often as I check Jon's!!

Our Deli-Sub said...

Okay, I found you a job. I just got an invitation to a 'party' (like Pampered Chef) it is called Simply Fun they sell games and activities. I actually might go to the party just to see what they have to offer YOU. Simplyfun.com

Daph said...

Yeah, let me know how it is. I think I'm in the market for a new job. . . Don't even get me started.

marbaral said...

Daph, I'll have to let Barry know about your accounting epiphany. He had that many times (he's a CPA), but then his alternative was to become a teacher. So glad he wised up and stayed in his current profession!