Thursday, October 25, 2007

Chicago for Beginners

Every year, Utah students and teachers look forward to the two day vacation in the fall that is UEA. Yeah, there is a convention that goes on during those two days. and it wasn't intended to be a vacation for teachers. But seriously, given the choice of sitting around in a convention and spending 5 days in Chicago . . . the choice is obvious.

In preparation for the trip, my friend gave me a couple of pointers so I could appear more like a local. I must remember to:
1. Refer to Chicago as Chicagoland.
2. Refrain from all temptation to put ketchup on my hot dogs. (I wonder what they would think of fry sauce!)

Stay tuned for pictures and more 1,000 Places to See sites.

(Is that good enough PSM? Gosh!) :)

4 comments:

Nate and Sina said...

Yes...short updates are actually the best!! As long as they are frequent.

LB said...

Chicago is one of my favorite US cities and I'm so jealous! Have a great time.
Hot dogs weren't meant for ketchup! Mustard baby and lots of it :)

Nate and Sina said...

I only will eat hot dogs if doused in ketchup...I HATE mustard!!! I will also eat them when wrapped in cornbread (with tots on the side and fry sauce), or smothered with chili...mmm yummy!

Our Deli-Sub said...

well, are we going to get an update???