I went to Game Night at the game store last night and found the usual crowd there . . . a bunch of 25-50ish Eurogame enthusiasts. There was a new to me, old to most of them, face in the room. That face looked oddly familiar and suddenly I realized, that face belonged to one of the previously mentioned 12 year olds. It was hard to determine which of us was more shocked. . . Me because he is now 25 years old, or him because he hangs out at the same place as his 6th grade teacher.
While I'm not sure how high on the cool factor scale spending Friday nights at the game store falls in the first place, I have to wonder if it loses a few points when someone who used to keep you in from recess appears.
4 comments:
that is very funny.
Wouldn't you just freak if Mrs. Tingey walked in??? Is she even still alive?
We have a 6th grade teacher at school who could be her twin. She's even named Susan. She's only been teaching for a couple of years though. Sure freaked me out when I met her!
That is hillarious! I know how you feel. I've run into my own students different places. I haven't gotten any older, but they sure have!
Post a Comment