Thursday, March 15, 2007

Daylight Savings Time is kicking my butt!

I absolutely love having it get dark later. Mid-June, when the sun stays up until nearly 10 pm, is my favorite time of year. However, I find that the changing of the clock triggers something in me and tells my subconscious that summer is upon us. I want to stay up late and not have to work in the morning. I want to wear shorts and be care free. I feel that I should be winding down the school year, counting the days (52, in case you're wondering), and planning field trips and fun. How can I possibly make it through another 11 weeks of "the grind?" I've already overslept 2 of the 3 school days since the big change. I've already had my "Welcome to summer" Slurpee. Oh, how the days are dragging on!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So,can't you just not go to work? leave work early? have an extra long June?

Daph said...

You have no idea how tempting that is! Alas, I think if I were to quit going to work, they might be upset with the 21 8 year olds running amok and cease to send me paychecks.

Nate and Sina said...

Daylight Savings begins for us tonight!! I am dreading 9:30 am church tomorrow.