

Ziplining was a highlight of this leg of the trip. I almost got my hands to let go of the harness. The guide had to push me off the platform for the Tarzan swing because I was not about to step off into nothing, but I survived (much to my surprise). It was so fun, we went back for a second run after winning tickets in a raffle.

The nightlife in Quepos was pretty limited, but the hotel owner pointed us toward a couple of expat events. The first one was "Drinking and Thinking" at the Dos Locos Restaurant. We went early to have dinner and had some Nachos Locos while playing Nacho Loco. Then, we pooled our collective knowledge of useless facts and got second place in the game.

The next day was scuba diving. It was my first time in the ocean and I was properly impressed, despite the limited visibility brought on by the rainy season. We saw a ray, starfish, lobsters, a bunch of fish and a couple of turtles. I survived having no air at 30 feet due to a temporary tank problem, and a few jellyfish stings. I feel very tough. For the evening festivities, we got together with the local expats again in the pool area of our hotel for karaoke night and won the previously mentioned zipline tickets. It seemed most of the expat crowd went to Costa Rica for a brief visit and ended up staying. I can see why.
The last day there, we went to Manuel Antonio Park and accomplished our goals of seeing monkeys, a sloth, and the beach. Of course, we also hiked around in search of geocaches as well. The hike was hot and humid, but the views were beautiful. Many thanks to Chris for doing Face Plant in the Mud Prevention Duty while we were hiking.



After the rain forest adventures, it was time to head for home. We spent our final day in Costa Rica . . . yes, you guessed it . . . geocaching. After a short detour to the shuttle company's office to pick up some forgotten items, we headed to the park to find "The Rooster, Rebirth, and Brainless." I felt a little brainless having to carry my scuba fins around with me but was glad to have them back. Here's Joan at The Rooster holding them for me while I did the math to figure out the next stop.
Here's the lake we walked around.
No comments:
Post a Comment