The Thankful Tree is an annual tradition at the Deli-Subs. . .


A Cinderella pumpkin (from the Farmer's Market)

This year, Mom Bread decided to make it the best tree so far so she sent Dad Bread and Pickle on a hunting expedition for the perfect tree.


Mom Bread and I spent all of Wednesday cooking for the big feast. I think Tomato felt a little neglected and tried everything she could to be noticed.

Finally, the big day arrived. The guests arrived . . . Cheese and Tomato were in charge of entertainment.

Mom Bread made her famous rolls.

Dad Bread made his famous cobbler (and didn't burn down the house, much to the surprise of his grandmother).

A good time was had by all!
8 comments:
It's a Christmas miracle....a new post!!!:) I am so excited!! I love the idea of the Thanksgiing tree. I did not know about this tradition of theirs. Perhaps I shall implement it at the Rolfson house. Glad you had a good time.
Just for you cpr. :) The Thankful Tree is very cool!
Love the post! I only get to be with the family through photos and such..... I really enjoyed them
Mom
I hope it is for me too because I was really tired of the square I mean contra dancing. I am so glad that you are a part of our Thanksgiving traditions too. As soon as I can down load pictures I will post some too.
I think I might be stealing the Thankful Tree as well...always looking for someone else to have a good idea to pass off as my own! Plus, it can be done anywhere we go in the world! Perfect.
A thankful tree.... hmmmmm..... what a great idea to steal
mwahh aah aahh... :)
Looks fun guys - I agree with Daph about the Minnesota weather - we thought it was gorgeous when we were there. And I agree with everyone else about being grateful for a new post!
It is -25 F. Those Californians might be on to something.
Looks like you had a great time. I miss the Deli Family and your post makes me want to take another very, very long road trip.
Oh, we do a Thankful tree too only it rotates between siblings. Fun to see what the sister who had it last year added.
Post a Comment