I did it. I finally saw Dave Ramsey in person. He is everything I expected . . . Lots of energy, lots of wise Dave-isms, lots of good advice I learned from my grandmother. I arrived early thinking I would get a good seat . . . Everybody else thought so too. I got a decent seat and spent and hour listening to excerpts from his show and pep rally moments. "Upper bowl say 570 as loud as you can! Now the lower bowl say KNRS as loud as you can! Again! I'm not sure who won . . . Again! One more time! That's more like it!"
Then the big moment . . . Dave himself stepped out on the stage and spent the next 5 hours describing his 7 baby steps to financial freedom. We laughed . . . a lot. He explained where the "Gazelle intensity" came from, complete with photos of a gazelle being chased by a cheetah. We related the baby steps to "What About Bob." We heard about how he LOVES Salt Lake City (hopefully that means he will be back soon!) We even got to meet the whole family. Of course, we had plenty of time to peruse the sale tables and buy his merchandise. I left empty-handed except for my registration materials (because buying his materials wasn't in my budget) :), but more importantly, with renewed motivation to "Live like no-one else so that someday I will have the opportunity to live like no-one else!"
"Debt is dumb, cash is king, and the paid-off home morgtage is replacing the BMW as the status symbol of choice!"
The guitar solo was great. I am glad that you have a fun time. Just for the record give us some examples of how much his stuff was. No get out of debt quick 3,000 junk right???
4 comments:
The guitar solo was great. I am glad that you have a fun time. Just for the record give us some examples of how much his stuff was. No get out of debt quick 3,000 junk right???
Glad for the update:) I'm glad he didn't really present new information. It makes me feel better about missing it. I hope he comes back.
All of the books were $10, xome of them were put together in kits and were less than $10 each. Definitely no $3000 junk!
Glad you had a good time. Sounds like a worthwhile investment.
~Alli
Post a Comment