Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Roses, Daisies, and Thong Underwear


We used to have a "Community Closet" at the school where I work. People would donate their used clothing, others would "shop" for things they needed. They had a policy that underwear were not permitted in the closet so a couple of years ago when somebody donated an unopened package of thong underwear, instead of going in the closet, they were used by the closet coordinator to decorate the custodian's office. I thought that was highly creative and quite amusing . . . until one day when I left my purse in the custodian's office. For days afterward, every time I got into a new pocket of my purse, I found yet another thong. This was all fine in my garage, but somewhat embarrassing in the Wendy's drive through. One pair has survived through the years and has been passed back and forth between the former closet coordinator and me in a variety of ways . . . I hid them in her wallet, she sent them back to me via school district mail (which I will, of course, deny should any district officials see this post), I had a friend discreetly put them in her desk at her new place of employment. On Valentine's Day, I got a call from the office at school. The secretary wanted to know if I had a new boyfriend that I should have mentioned to her because I had received a bouquet of flowers. As I tried to think of which of my many admirers could have sent it, she arrived with bouquet in hand. The card was not signed. It merely said, "Will you be my Valentine? Got ya!" After a moment or two of confusion, I found a bag that was attached to the bouquet and saw the telltale colors that told me I had been tagged and once again had the thong in my possession. (My students sent me to time-out as a consequence for wasting their reading group time by laughing uncontrollably. . . twice!)
This is a call for help from all of my readers' diabolical minds. I have to find a way to get the infamous thong back into the possession of the former closet coordinator. The more ideas the better, as I'm sure I will need to return them more than once. Get those creative juices flowing! I need you!

10 comments:

Leslie Joe said...

If I come up with any creative ideas I will call you. Would not want her to read my ideas...
Mom

Daph said...

She doesn't know about my blog. I won't be telling her for a while so feel free to post any thoughts.

Anonymous said...

I am waiting for a comment from LB. Back in the day she knew lots about where to display under clothing.

LB said...

Well, I think it would be unwise for you to walk in anywhere with the thong tied around your head... (I finally told BB about that incident just recently - now he knows EVERYTHING!!)
If you could get a hold of an outfit of hers, it would be funny to have it delivered to her at work in a dry cleaning bag with the thong pulled up around the outside of her pants...

LB said...

Or better yet - have the thong delivered to her by itself in a dry cleaning bag - like it's so important to her that she sends it out to clean...

Daph said...

Now you're talkin'! I have a connection at her school . . . I bet I could pull that off. Keep thinking. I'm sure I'll have to return them more than once.

Anonymous said...

finally got to check out your blog! Can't remember your e-mail so I am writing you here.

I am thinking a singing gram sounds good.....

Trac

Leslie Joe said...

Jon sings.... who knows he has a divious (sp is wrong on that I am sure) mind and might do the singing delivery or come up with something else. I must ask him how HE would do it.

Unknown said...

This question needs to be posted to my mom; she's good at being devious with this kind of thing.
;-)
Is she married? It would be great if you could get it to her husband and have him wrap it up as a gift for her. Or otherwise get it to her house, where she's not as likely to expect it (hang it on her doorknob). Make a double layer cake with it in the middle? Hang it on her wall at work...a "child's" art project...on construction paper with the thong as the smiley face? Or send her a teddy bear wearing it (or leprechaun for St. P's Day). ??? I'll keep thinkin'!

Unknown said...

There once was a strange little thong
In the closet at work--how wrong!
It went forth and back
Even in a sweet snack
We'll see if this goes on for long!

In case you try the cake idea...(I'm avoiding more productive things at the moment...)