Minnesota is famous for their Mall of America . . . Every store known to man, with a full theme park in the middle. However, this post is not about that. (Stay tuned on the Deli-Sub blog for a post about it.)
The Deli-Subs and I decided to go to the Hutchinson Mall for dinner. After some really good pizza, we went to the sporting goods store. In my mind, that meant I should expect to see soccer balls, shoes, backpacks, and basketball jerseys. {Cue Twilight zone music} This is what I saw instead . . .

Every kid in rural Minnesota needs a collection of these action figures.

There were tubs full of chicks and ducklings where you could pick them up and get to know them before buying them to fatten up for dinner. The chicks were the cutest little yellow puff balls. When they all lined up to eat, they looked just like Peeps. (Imagine that . . . )

There was a whole section of this stuff. Three shelves full of different varieties just for goats.

All this time I thought potatoes that look like this were a bad thing.

Eat your heart out Abercrombie and Fitch.
2 comments:
Had to tell you last weekend Runnings had their grand reopening. The place was packed! Not just busy but picture a line going from the doors in the mall all the way to the exterior door all for a 25 cent hotdog. They also had a drawing for a plasma TV. It was crazy. I haven't seen a croud like it since we moved here.
They also still have chickens (we go to see them at least once a week because Pickle LOVES it) and for the big weekend they had two baby cows.
So, does the price of the chicks go up as they get older? I bet RC Willey would do a booming business there. Their hot dogs are free.
Post a Comment