Remember how Ricky was always mixing up his English words? Well, my 2nd grade Ricky-ette, who is Cuban (but not Desi Arnaz) has moved from re-naming fairy tale characters to spelling. We have been studying contractions the last few weeks. She is always very confident in her mastery of English and has even been known to roll her eyes in disgust at English not working the way she wants it to. (Her mean Language teacher keeps insisting "the" begins with a /th/ sound and not a /d/ sound, and that while a house does, in fact, have walls, a "how" does not. "I know! House! A how has walls. That's what I said!" Repeat 3 times before deciding not to pick this battle right now.) Yesterday, she informed her Reading teacher that she knows how to spell can't. It's very easy, you see. C . . . A . . . N . . . Cross da feet . . . T. Doesn't everyone know that? Sheesh!
Hey Daph, I wonder who your Rickyette is.... Glad my "quoted" kid made your website. Sorry for not updating my blog in like..... FOREVER. I will try to do better. MI
3 comments:
I've love Ricky's use of the language. Also, I'm glad you are starting to share stories of your kids.
I was inspired by your Babes and their mouths. :) (And, my kids are being especially funny lately . . . )
Hey Daph, I wonder who your Rickyette is.... Glad my "quoted" kid made your website. Sorry for not updating my blog in like..... FOREVER. I will try to do better.
MI
Post a Comment