Thursday, December 27, 2007

Top Ten Thursday: Things I Want to Accomplish By This Time Next Year

10. Research Sri Lanka.

9. Give pot, I mean Ticket to Ride, another chance. Unlike the Germans who made this their 2004 game of the year, and most other people who have played it, I don't love this game. It is often referred to as the "gateway game" for Eurogamers and it was that for me. It was the first one I played and I went back for more. So why don't I like it? Maybe I'm missing something. I will try it one more time this year.

8. Decide on a color scheme for my bedroom. (I probably won't actually implement said color scheme until next year but I want to at least have a plan.)

7. Decorate my guest room, or at least hang up the pictures that are sitting on the floor in a box.

6. Grow something beautiful in my yard. Last growing season was a miserable failure due to my lack of effort and a few sprinkler malfunctions. Who knew roses actually had to have water consistently to produce flowers? The Chinese elms seemed to do okay without it.

5. Finish my 72 hour kit. This has been a work in progress for years. It's time to wrap it up.

4. Spend every dollar on paper, on purpose. (That means budget better for the non-Daver's.)

3. Start hiking again. I did not spend nearly enough time communing with nature last year.

2. Paint my living room and kitchen. I've had the color picked out for over a year. It's way past time to get it done. (To see the color, go to http://www.rlhome.polo.com/rlhome/products/paint/default.asp and enter Paint Color NA 49. It's a lovely shade of neutral.

1. Blog more. If anyone is thinking "I sure wish Daphne would blog about ________" please share! I'm having a terrible time coming up with material.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea she posts again!! I sure wish Daphne would blog about any of these top 10 that she is working on they all sound interesting.

Anonymous said...

The paint color looks like Gobi Desert...

Anonymous said...

blog about games, I need to make a gift list

Don't blog about work, enough said

Blog about home projects, they inspire both of us

Don't blog about your conversations with your toothbrush, it is scary

Blog about your visiting your wonderful nieces and nephews, you can blog about those outside of WA also

Daph said...

So I was talking to my toothbrush this morning and . . . oh, wait . . . I was supposed to NOT talk about that one. . .

I'm pretty sure my paint color is Ralph Lauren's take on Gobi Desert. It's a good color, right Deli Sub and cpr??? If it's good enough for you, it's good enough for me!

Anonymous-- Who are you???

Cristine said...

I would love to come paint with you! Please call me as I have time on my hands. Gobi desert is a great color although I wouldn't spend the extra on the RL.
Contrary to anonymous I want you to blog about work. Specifically your take on education in our state.
Also, I would like you to blog about your Sri Lanka research.

Daph said...

No worries, I'm just using RL's color in plain old Behr paint. I am so going to take you up on your offer to help! When are you available in the next few weeks?

Sorry to disappoint, but I have promised myself I will not clutter up my blog with work talk unless I have an amusing anecdote to share or something. . . Kind of an "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" rule. The policy may change someday when I like my job again.

Cristine said...

Kade leaves next Friday. I would be free next weekend, sometime during the week or the weekend after that. Let me know.