Sunday, December 2, 2007

Top Ten Sunday: Things I Like About Winter

10. I can ignore my yard and not feel like a slacker.

9. The endorphins that result from shovelling the sidewalk. (Why did I buy a corner lot? That's a lot of sidewalk! One of those things you just don't think about when buying a house in September. . . )

8. How cool is it that something as simple as salt can clear an icy sidewalk? (Can you tell what I did yesterday morning? We had at least 4 inches of snow from a storm that was supposed to be next to nothing.)

7. The Edison "white elephant" Christmas party. I work with a bunch of really fun people and my face always hurts from laughing after this one.

6. My birthday.

5. Bundling up. There's something really comforting about wrapping up with a scarf and gloves.

4. Christmas carols.

3. Seeing kids faces when a big snowstorm hits. Every year since I started teaching, I have had at least one student who has never seen snow before. It's so fun to see their reactions!

2. Hot cocoa, especially with peppermint.

1. Looking out my window and seeing everything all covered in snow.

1 comment:

Our Deli-Sub said...

Your house is so pretty in the snow. Rain doesn't do much for mine...