Thursday, September 20, 2007

Career Opportunities

Sometimes I wonder if I will make it through 20 more years of teaching or if I need to explore back up plans. My favorite kindergarten teacher is wondering the same thing. We are considering accounting since a beginning accountant makes what we make now with 10 years experience. Our other option is to open a "beverage shop." We will call it Mo-Joe and it will have two counters. The Mo counter will serve steamers and cocoa. The Joe counter will serve coffee. We think we could give Starbucks a run for their money.

11 comments:

LB said...

Nice - creative name and everything...

Anonymous said...

Great Idea! I would certainly frequent your establishment. Perhaps, on the moe side you could also consider serving kale shake! cprolf

Also, if I could afford to hire you personally to exclusively teach my three children I would do it.

Daph said...

CP-- We aim to please. Kale shakes will be one of our specialty items. I would take a private tutoring job with your kids anyday. That sounds like heaven!

LB said...

Hey cprolf - how are ya?

Our Deli-Sub said...

have you considered advertising?

Daph said...

You mean besides my blog?

DB said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Our Deli-Sub said...

How about in the faculty room.

marbaral said...

I know your present career is STRESSFUL, but if you leave, I will be sooooooooooo sad. You are a GREAT teacher. Don't forget... Ms. Clarol will cover the 'Manuels, Jasons, Eloys, and Margies". I still think you would make a great red-head.

Daph said...

I tried the redhead thing. I loved my hair but it made my face way too ruddy. Not good. Maybe you could just keep my boys all day and then I could keep my natural color. I think that's a fabulous plan! Let's start tomorrow! :)

Would you patronize our beverage shop? We could consider a franchise waaaaayyyyyy out there where you live. You and det rode hus could meet in the middle.

Anonymous said...

det rode hus (what does that mean exactly)?

I'm well. Kade and our boys are good. You have to know that I have been secretly reading your blog for months and have loved it! You have a darling little family. Tell your little sister hello and congrats on the new little one. I'm glad to know that someone is tipping the scales in the female gender direction. cprolf