At church today, I overheard a mom saying she couldn't wait for school to start. Time was not passing fast enough for her. The only two people near her were another teacher and me. Of course, our perspective was a little different. . . Time is passing too fast and we are not ready for the day so many mom's are anxiously awaiting. There is much to do, and many meetings and trainings getting in the way of the doing. However, the beginning of the school year energy is abundant and the big day will arrive, ready or not. (By the way, if any of my loyal readers are bored tomorrow, I have some cutting out, decorating, organizing, copying, planning, etc. you can do!)
Every year, someone out there in cyberspace publishes a list to put things in perspective and make me feel a lot older than I am. I am sharing it in honor of the new school year and because it's always better to feel aged with friends.
Most 2007 college freshmen were born in 1989 and probably barely remember any the following… it’s scary:
The Space Shuttle Challenger disaster
Ronald Reagan
The Cold War and the Berlin Wall
Hardback (Funk & Wagnalls) encyclopedia sets
Getting tangled up in a long kitchen phone cord
Setting the record timer on your VCR
When Michael Jackson and the moonwalk were cool
Recording music off the radio
Desert Storm
A floppy disk
Windows 95
The Nintendo Entertainment System (and Duck Hunt)
The Oklahoma City Bombing
The O.J. Simpson Trial
Life before the World Wide Web
Packard Benchmark
6 days ago
5 comments:
A week from tomorrow and they are back to the books. You know that if you teachers didn't make school so interesting we wouldn't be so anxious for summer to end. For the last month, "Mom I'm bored!" I am sure they never get bored at school and I just can't compete!
Absolutely MIND BOGGLING to think about! What kills me is that I have been HOME from the mission for a Beehive's entire life! Has school started yet? It has out here. If so, when? How was it? Seriously, will I EVER see you? This year????
Oh for crying out loud Deli Sub . . . Does EVERYTHING have to be the schools' fault??? :P
DRH-- School started yesterday. I am exhausted! I couldn't even stand up by the end of the day yesterday. . . I had to roll around on my wheely chair. Today was better. I think Fuki will be in town this weekend. We should do breakfast or something.
What the What??? I didn't know she was coming! OH - wait, is it for new niece (or nephew, I forget) on the way?
I think it's for a baby shower. I tried to call her tonight but got no answer. We should do breakfast either way. What are you doing on Monday?
Post a Comment