
This series is sweeping the world . . . My friend Margie tells me that all of the teenage girls are reading it, and so are their 40 year old mothers. Although I am neither a teenage girl or a 40 year old mother, I have to admit I am hooked as well.
For those who have not been following the blogging book club discussion on Det Rode Hus's blog, we were discussing the first two books in the series there but were giving away all of the sequel details to Deli Sub so I thought it would be nice of us to not give away any more of the plot till she reads it herself and am moving the discussion to a new thread. (I know DRH . . . that's a huge run-on sentence.)
9 comments:
I'm liking Bella a little better in this one, but I have to wonder how she thinks she will handle being a vampire and sucking the blood of dead animals with her weak stomach.
AND . . . how in the world is Jacob supposed to NOT get the wrong idea when she's constantly holding hands with him, etc. I think she's hanging on to a backup plan in case the vampire thing doesn't work out. I hope Jacob imprints someone worthy of him.
Thanks now I have to put this one on hold. I will check it out when I am done with it.
Just finished Twilight and I am hoping Bella is more tolerable in the second book. Yes, deli sub the book was clean, but Bella is a a whiner. What does Edward find so irrestible about her besides her scent?
I'm curious about Jacob. Looking forward to Eclipse.
cpr
Alas, Bella just gets worse in the 2nd one. I so wanted to drop kick her. But . . . Jacob gets a lot more air time. I loved that. I think he is my favorite character.
Thanks for editing my post, back in the day I really could spell. cpr
I think Bella is one of the most annoying characters in literary history (and I just finished Harry Potter 5 co-starring Dolores Jane Umbridge again recently). I truly DO NOT get everyone's obsession with her is. WHAT is the fuss people (and vamire families and wherewolves)??? Maybe the character "Lauren" doesn't like her because she is the only character with her wits about her... I still think Eclipse was pretty good though. Pretty weird that I like the books and detest the voice and main character of the books. Also, Stephenie Meyer would do well to add a little more excitement to her "action scenes" and a little more subtlety to her love scenes. I started feeling my stomach turn on about the 50th time Edward tells Bella that she's his reason for living...
OK - so I had some misspelled words... it was late and I was tired :)
Blogger needs spell check!
Ok daph... I'll be brave enough to post my version as to why Edward puts up with Bella. It's a little 'X' rated, but here it goes... You all know Alice can 'see' the future, well, maybe he sees Edward and Bella... you know... and she's REALLY GOOD. Guess Edward figures she is worth the wait!
Happy Birthday Bella (Happy 1/2 birthday Alex!)
Post a Comment