Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Angel's Landing

The last two weekends have been a whirlwind of adventure.  I've hardly had time to catch my breath, much less upload pictures and blog but before I get too much further behind, here's what I've been up to . . .

For Spring Break, Chris and I had planned to do a grand tour of southern Utah.  When she had to work, we rescheduled for Memorial Day weekend, and the weekend before, thinking that would be plenty of time to accomplish the "to see" list.  OK, is there ever REALLY enough time to explore Southern Utah?  Probably not.  But we saw a lot!

First stop:  Zion National Park
I remember a while back when Liz  posted on her blog about climbing Angel's Landing.  I thought she was insane.  I wondered why in the world anyone would want to do such a thing.   One day not long ago, I suddenly thought to myself, "I want to climb Angel's Landing!"  I have no explanation for this change of heart . . . I'm as surprised as anyone.  Here we are at the beginning of the trail.  Chris is smiling because she is taller than me. 
 Looking over the edge . . .
 I thought we had arrived, only to find out this part still had to be climbed.  Yikes!
Almost there!
We made it!  I'm still a little shocked.

While we were enjoying the view, we also enjoyed a Maori war dance performance from the nearby BYU students.


Eventually we headed back down the trail . . .

Later, we stopped to check out Weeping Rock. . .

And Menu Falls . . .

On the way home the next day, we stopped to grab a cache or two (or something like that) and found these lambs there to greet us.

How cute are they?

Stay tuned for the next stops. . .

No comments: