I spent a lot of time in high school at the "U" on the mountain, but never made it to the "H," even though I went to Highland. So when Chris suggested we go find a cache there tonight, I thought it was about time I made it up there. Better late than never, right? I did my research . . . if you count asking "What am I agreeing to?" as research. A 0.2 mile walk with one little steep part on the way to the H sounded like a perfect evening walk. 0.2 miles is a lot farther than it used to be, and it seems, one little steep part= a mountain. I should have expected this . . . Things are never quite as expected when geocaching. We ended up finding several unexpected caches, and catching some great views along the way. No ankles were broken in the dark, and I climbed a mountain. That's right, a real mountain (not to be confused with the hill now known as Daphne's Mountain in some circles).
 |
| The view from the top |
|
 |
| The view from the top looking the other way. Brian showed his mountain goat genes as he jogged, yes that's right, jogged up the mountain to this one. There was much talk here about Peaks Above, Peaks Below, Peaks Below Peaks Above, and Beany Babies. Strange. . . |
|
 |
| I love a good sunset. Note to self. . . Always carry headlamp, even for .2 miles at 6 pm. You just never know. |
 |
| We eventually made it to the H Rock. You can almost see it in the background. Turns out the cache wasn't really at the rock anyway. Good thing we went the other way. |
Because we don't learn lessons very quickly, we stopped on the way home for "a quick cache in the rocks." We knew what we were looking for. I'm pretty sure we turned over every rock in the place at least twice before Chris started moving them to the side. We knew if we gave up, we would find ourselves back there moving all of those same rocks again so we kept going. Eventually, the darn thing turned up. . . It wasn't anything like what we were looking for. Imagine that. Good thing there were three of us to work on the putting all the rocks back where they came from project.
Can't wait to see what the next adventure is!
No comments:
Post a Comment