Saturday, December 19, 2009

I knew I could, I knew I could . . .

I have commitment issues. You all know it's true. I have waited 9 years to commit to decorating my bedroom. What if the paint color didn't work with the furniture? What if I had to settle on a so-so bedspread forever? Is there really room for a headboard? Is it really a necessary expenditure to replace the hand-me-down dresser I have used since high school when it still works just fine? Would I do all that work and end up hating it? Nothing ever seemed quite right for the place where I spend so many hours with my eyes closed.

Finally, the planets have aligned and everything has come together to create what I must say is my dream bedroom (or at least my dream bedroom in my current income bracket). Many thanks to Cristine for finding the perfect paint color (take out the bed, add some kale, and you'll have her kitchen), to Sina for finding the perfect bedspread (how does she do that?), to Ikea for stocking all the right accessories and for finally coming to Utah, and to John Paras for having exactly the bedroom set I have had in my head for exactly the price I could afford. Zzzzzzz . . . . .



1 comment:

Our Deli-Sub said...

Good work! I guess this means you are officially a grown up. I hope I get to see it in person this summer:)