

I am now publicly apologizing to Sina and Nate for secretly thinking they were whiny when complaining about 85 degrees in tropical humidity. Anyway, I was the first museum patron of the day. The guy at the desk greeted me, insisted that I look at the Geography of Cozumel exhibit, then ran ahead to turn on the lights in the underwater fauna exhibit. When I left that room, he ran ahead to turn on the lights in the island flora exhibit. Then I went upstairs and another guy ran ahead to turn on lights in the out of water fauna exhibit. Then suddenly they abandoned me completely. Turned out the last exhibit (a replica of a Mayan house) was outside in the sunlight.

To cool off, it was time for some snorkelling. There are lots of fish and other critters hanging around.


Danielle has a photo of her feet everywhere she goes. I have sunsets.


Every Sunday night the whole island comes out for a fiesta. On the way to the plaza, we had the Drag Queen Gay Pride Parade.

Sina, this one made me think of you since many mopeds like this carry families of 4 or 5 people here too.

We passed this sign on the way.

There was a live band and much dancing . . .

Sadly, it was not Free Slurpee day in Mexico. Even more sadly, there are no Slurpees in Mexico (unless you count the ones mixed with tequila).

The next stop was Fat Tuesday for the ultimate tourist moment with mariachis and sombreros. There was a ruckus behind me and when I looked to see what was going on, I found Kim dancing on the countertop. Beware the effects of tequila Slurpees. How I wish I had been faster with the camera.


From there, we found a geocache and headed off to the hotel. Partway there, it started pouring rain. . . Perfect for cooling off that tropical heat.
1 comment:
No slupree, you must be feeling deprived on this trip. At least they have sunsets:)
Post a Comment