Yesterday was the end of network television as I know it. I said I wouldn't miss it. I really don't watch it very often . . . I occasionally watch an episode of Friends while I eat dinner, maybe catch some Ellen or Oprah if I'm at work late. "I can watch everything else on the internet," I said. I forgot about the times when daytime television becomes a big deal . . . Sick days. Those days when I just want to lay on the couch all day and wait for the time to pass while I get better. I did not properly appreciate the medicinal value of The Price is Right, Family Feud, Rachel Ray, The View, Mash, Bewitched . . . until I came down with the flu on the very day that TV made its exit. Somehow, staring at a snowy screen just doesn't have the same comforting effect.
That's pretty ironic. I hope you're feeling better -- and that you sprung for the converter box! (the picture really does look great, if you can get the channel in at your house!)
I think it would be much more fun to convalesce at your house, however, I have to wonder if we would still be friends if I gave your whole family the flu. :)
6 comments:
so, are sick days worth the dent in the bank account?
Almost . . . I think Hulu might be filling the gap. I'm loving Season 1 of Roswell.
That's pretty ironic. I hope you're feeling better -- and that you sprung for the converter box! (the picture really does look great, if you can get the channel in at your house!)
I have the box . . . It just doesn't get a strong enough signal to work.
Next time you're sick, come on down... to my house. I have a tv in my room - you can convalesce in my room :)
I think it would be much more fun to convalesce at your house, however, I have to wonder if we would still be friends if I gave your whole family the flu. :)
Post a Comment