Sunday, May 6, 2007

Spidey's Return

Yes, the webbing superhero has returned once again, kicking off the summer of threequels. I am sad to say, this one left me looking at my watch and wondering if it could possibly be any more over the top. I suppose I will have to turn to DVD's to find a too-soon-over experience with a great Spidey movie. I hope Pirates, Shrek, and Harry Potter live up to my expectations!

4 comments:

LB said...

I am really sorry to hear that. I thought the previews looked pretty good (although they usually do - even if the movie sucks). I did hear Stevie Oldfield give it a pretty mixed review. He did say that neither Kirsten Dunst nor Toby McGuire did anything for him and the LAST thing he wanted to see was the two of them "hooking up." What say you?

Daph said...

I'd say a mixed review is pretty accurate. It made me laugh a couple of times, and had me on the edge of my seat for a minute or two, but definitely not up to par with its predecessors. If it had been a stand alone movie, I think I would have liked it better. I have just come to expect so much more from Spiderman. I would have to say also that MJ and Peter were lacking in their chemistry. I don't expect their hooking up will last . . . after all, superheroes don't get to have true love. It gives the bad guys too much power.

LB said...

I guess we won't wait in any lines for it...

LB said...

Where have you BEEN??? It has been a month since you've posted! In the words of BB, "What the crap?!"